Saturday, June 12, 2010

The 'rents!

My parents did a little tour of Texas a couple of weeks ago. First stop was Austin to visit my sister and bro in law. Since Brooke and Dave moved down here in Nov my parents hadn't had the chance to see their house and since my sister is saving up every last minute of her vacation time for when her little one gets here, then it made sense for my parents to come visit the Lone Star state. So they spent their first few days in Austin then made the trek up to Dallas to visit us. I hadn't seen my parents since January so I was def in need of some family time. Last time my parents came was about 3 years ago and since it was their first time to visit us we dragged them around the whole city trying to fit everything in in a few days. This time was much more relaxed. We just planned everything around eating, HA. It was so nice just visiting and taking them to some of my fave places to eat around town. My mom really wanted to go to Corner Bakery to see the infamous place where I won $5,000. And we had to take them to Pazzo's Pizza for the best wedge salad known to man. And of course we couldn't NOT take them to Red Lobster since we take all of our visitors there now (hello employee discount). I was sad to see them leave esp since I won't see them again til August but it was fun while it lasted.

Mom and I at Sneaky Pete's


The crew at Saltgrass Steakhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment