Friday, March 19, 2010

The Oscars

So after all that hype of going to see all the Oscar nominated movies, I kind of slacked on following up. So better late than never. I started out the night watching the red carpet on E!. Here are a few of my likes and dislikes from the red carpet.

First off, the dresses I liked!


What a beautiful pale pink dress. Great with her skin tone and gorgeous details!

While I'm not a fan of Kristen or Twilight, I loved this dress and thought it was a great choice and a really beautiful, Oscar worthy gown!

Usually I would think a dress like this would be TOO much, but I loved the color and the texture. Pretty, pretty, pretty!

I think Cameron looks like a total classic beauty in this dress. I love the flowiness of it and the beading.

This isn't the most gorgeous Oscar dress by any means but I thought it was a great choice for her and a very flattering cut!

Love the color and I am definitely a fan of ruching!

Now the ones I didn't like as much!

Too much, the beading, the coloring, the ruffles, just too much!

I think we all agree on this one, not a fan of the color and not a fan of the bewbies!

The color just washes her out!

Don't care for the print and don't think its flattering at all.

She's so young and hip and cute and this dress doesn't say any of that to me. It says 70's and boring.

After the Red Carpet and the Oscars started I liked Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin together. Classic funny guys. I am sad to say that I did not win the bet that Ryan and I set. He picked more winners than I did. But sometimes its hard to know who will win Best Sound Editing to Best Sound Mixing, am I right? But it was fun to give us something to cheer for in the more obscure categories. Overall the Cinderalla story was The Hurt Locker with Kathryn Bigelow winning best director and the movie winning best picture, meh. I had high hopes for the movie Precious which I would have liked to see win Best Picture. The Hurt Locker just didn't resonate with me that much, and while I get the importance of the first female best director, this film didn't move me or make me think or bring me to tears or any of the things I like to get out of a Best Picture. So better luck to me next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment